The Great Masurian Lake District
The most beautiful region in Europe
Among 14 most gorgeous places in the World
The Great Masuria Lakes is the only one Polish candidate for the new international competition of the New 7 Wonders of Nature, which qualified to the final and then to circle of 14 most beautiful places in the world.
The Land of Great Masuria Lakes officially obtained the name of the most beautiful region in Europe.
Masuria Lake District defeated all finalists from Europe and icons of the world nature such as Maledives, the Grand Canyon, Galapagos Islands, Salto Angel Fall in Venezuela, Uluru in Australia or Mount Vesuvius…
DMC Masuria Poland - Land of Great Masuria Lakes
The Land of Thousand lakes is a place of both active relaxation as well as a moment of calmness in the heart of the nature. This makes the place a perfect host for a company’s integration meeting and family leisure time. Majority of the activities are recreational or sport sailing, tourist bike trips, expeditions to the woods, windsurfing, kitesurfing, canoeing, unlimited opportunities for swimming, sight-seeing flights, and others …it could be listed endlessly. There is nothing better – just to experience that!
The best time: June - September
A sailing program sample, the trail of the Great Masuria Lakes (Węgorzewo – Mikołajki):
- Welcoming of the group in Węgorzwo, embarking, a sea songs concert at the harbor, a bonfire.
- The start of the trail of the Great Masuria Lakes – going out to Mamry Lake – the second biggest lake in Poland. For those who are willing to learn - the basic sailing training. Champagne, music, relaxation on a yacht board. Swimming by the wild beaches. Arriving at Ogonki port – Wild Bird.
- A pirate evening or an evening by a bonfire.
- Sport activities on Święcajty lake (till the noon time); waterskies, wakeboarding, flybording, windsurfing, kitesurfing.
- Sailing across to Sztynort port – the biggest Masurian port. If we deviate from the main water route we can reach a place where everybody can feel free, sit at the picnic tables or to have a nap in one of the hammocks on the marina area… A sea songs concert.
- Wilczy Szaniec sightseeing – the place which used to be Adolf Hitler headquarters is located in the center of Mazuria and is overgrown by woods. It is here where the fate of Europe was decided. There were 200 buildings: bunkers, barracks, two airfields, a power plant, a train station and more than 2000 residents.
- After the sightseeing we can organize theme attractions, paintball in unusual scenery, a ride by historic armored vehicles called – Sztabowóz, rope course, etc. At the end the day we can offer a photo session.
- It is possible to be accommodated in the military building of Gwardia Przyboczna.
- 24 km route from Sztynort to Wilczy Szaniec can be done by bicycle – it takes about 1 h – one way.
- Sailing to Giżycko.
- A morning beach volleyball match. Visiting XIX century Boyen fortress. Sailling to Ryn or mooring at a “wild port”.
- Sailing to Mikołajki port meanwhile pirate boarding attack
- A sea songs concert in the city center.
- Alternatively – kayaking down the Kurtynia river.
- The end of the program.
The program written above is just an example – the length of the cruise, ports, or attractions can be changed and modified according to preferences.
The program may be started in Ruciane Nida or Mikołajki – it is only 1 hour drive from the airport Olsztyn-Mazury in Szymany. The airport has got direct connections with Cracow, Berlin, Munich or London.
Masuria Lake District is also a perfect place for business meetings with its professional conference facility and unusual attractions to relax after a conference. Below a sample program.
- Arrival to Masuria (usually in the afternoon), welcoming the group at the airport, transfer to the hotel (it is about 1 h drive depending on the chosen hotel), check-in, time to freshen up.
- A theme evening in the hotel or an evening in the club.
- Conference and a coffee break
- Small teams will compete in building rafts, which they will have to go rafting a certain distance – a raft race. To build a durable and strong raft team members need to take part in different competitions and win additional building materials for example: waterskies competition, a race on reverse turning system bicycles and many others…
- Few hours of luxurious yachts cruises with champagne and a delicate snack being served on board. The swoosh of surfs and refreshing wind will create unique relaxing music.
- Late night come back to the hotel.
- All day: Kayaking connected with an area game in Masurian woods –there is an opportunity to organize a bike ride or an off-road drive. Teams will have to find themselves and defend a small settlement which will perform a crucial function … but before it happens the teams will have go through a long and curvy road full of unexpected events…
- Between challenges we will stop for a bonfire with sausages to build up the strength for next adventures.
- Come back to the hotel for supper.
- Check out and transfer to the airport
- The end of the program.